1. In the Rockies, there can be large temperature differences between morning and evening. The average daytime temperature in summer is 25 °C, and the average night temperature is 15-18 ° C. Please prepare clothes appropriately.
2. In the Rockies, there’s ample sunshine and usually high levels of Ultraviolet rays (UV rays) that may cause sunburn, so proper sun protection will be needed. The region has a dry climate and body lotion is one of the must-haves when traveling.
3. When encountering wild animals, feeding is prohibited; In the case of large animals, do not leave the vehicle and approach.
4. Smoking is strictly prohibited in hotel rooms and throughout the hotel. Violation of the rules will result in a fine of $300 CAD or more.
5. Within the national parks, please note smoking is permitted in certain areas only. Please follow the rules and do not litter cigarette butts. Please make sure that they’re fully out in case of a fire hazard.
6. Please note that hotels in the Rocky Mountains area are mostly 3-4 story wooden structures. Some hotels do not have elevators.
7. For environmental protection, Rocky Mountains area hotels are not provided with toothpaste, toothbrush, slippers, comb; Only shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and soap are provided.
8. Most hotel rooms are not equipped with kettles. If you need hot water for drinking, please ask the hotel’s front desk for assistance. If no kettle can be provided, please use the coffee machine properly as instructed.
9. There is no “hot (boiling)” drinking water at the attractions, if necessary, please prepare it yourself before departure.
10. Canadian voltage power is 110V, and the electrical socket is a three-pin plug: the upper one is round, and the lower two are flat and parallel.
11. Don't forget to bring your camera and enjoy your journey!
1. If your itinerary includes airport pick-up and drop-off service, please provide accurate flight information and arrive at the designated pick-up location in advance. If the pick-up or designated pick-up location is mistaken due to inaccurate information you have provided, you will be charged C$30/pp for a second pick-up service.
2. According to different hotel operation requirements, you may be required to provide credit card information as a deposit during your stay for miscellaneous expenses and incidental guarantees (such as telephone expense, laundry, catering).
3. Before your trip, if you need any assistance, you are welcome to call our customer service: North America toll free No.: 1-855-201-8525；China Hotline (Free) 400-113-3813.
4. All activities and meals must be booked in advance. Please understand that no additional bookings will be provided during the tour.
5. During the tour, please arrive at the pick-up location at the time scheduled by the tour guide. Do not be late to avoid delaying other tourists’ itinerary. If you are late or miss the transportation we have provided, you are responsible (at your own expense) to meet the group at the next designated meeting location.
6. During your trip, the tour guide may pick-up or drop-off travelers accommodated at different hotels. The tour guide will make reasonable arrangements according to the presented situation. Please cooperate and understand, thank you.
7. During your trip, there may be different vehicles and tour guides serving you.
8. If for any reason you need to leave our group during the trip, you must fill out a “Letter of Liability Release”; no exceptions.
9. Guests under 16 years old, must be accompanied by an adult (Age 18 or above).
10. In the event of traffic, weather, or other circumstances not under our company’s control, or if you are unable to participate in activities included in the itinerary due to personal reasons, no refunds will be given.
11. If you have special needs (such as but not limited to: bed type, vegetarian options, high-chairs, etc.) please inform us at least 7 days before your trip. We will do our best to accommodate you, but there is no guarantee